Saturday, October 4, 2014

I've been duped....



This morning I went to volunteer at the animal shelter and I was working with an enchanting pitbull puppy, when I noticed she was loaded with fleas.  I called the Reluctant Farmer, and asked her to quickly bring some flea control for the pooch and when she did, I was duped.  Our friend Christine and The Reluctant Farmer plotted against me and now I have a bull mastiff sitting behind me as I work at my desk.  

I whined about fostering this girl because of her size and the fear of bringing home a dog of this caliber with my other dogs and cats, but I must hand it to this girl, she is a dream.  Tonight I watched her look down at her feet before moving to make sure she wasn't stepping on Fat Tina or Esa.  She has not so much as even looked cross eyed at another dog here or cat, and honestly I think a mastiff is just my speed as they have two speeds:  slow and sleep!  Life with Addie is not all rainbows and fuzzy bunnies though due to the horrible shape she is in, but we are working on some medical issues she is currently dealing with, and hopefully in a few weeks Addie will be able to go to her new home.  Although The Reluctant Farmer is hoping she is already there.....

No comments:

Post a Comment