Sunday, April 21, 2013

Eyes of wonder

The week we got a visit from the Hampshire boys and their mom.  They came to pick up some tomato and cucumber seedlings, and of course were smitten with Andy the bunny and Maggie the chicken.  (I should have kept those kiddos around a little longer to help me in the dirt!)  To see the world through the eyes of a child is a magical thing!


Andy the bunny enjoying the sunshine and carrots from the boys.
 


Hyacinth, so heavy that it is collapsing on itself, but still gorgeous...


The Reluctant Farmer got me this garden stone last year for my birthday.  It is a reminder that not everything has to be perfect all the time.  (I struggle with this sometimes...)  We will have another day tomorrow, and we can pick up our messy house then, but today is for gardening and playing outdoors!  Photo bomb from my muck boot...


 Grown from seed, indoors!  Flawless!


Love those daffodils!

I hope you are taking the time to stop and noticed all of the new life and wonder going on around your homestead this week.  It is an amazing sight to be seen, and the spring show that mother nature puts on for us, is nothing short of a miracle.  Stop and look at it thorough the eyes of a child.  You will be amazed at the wonder!

No comments:

Post a Comment