Saturday, January 26, 2013

Thank you and goodnight....



After every storm there is light.  Light to help you pick up, and carry on.  It is this light that drives me forward  when I have been volunteering for 2 days on only a few hours of sleep.  Today this light came to me several different ways.  My life was blessed by many great people today.

1)  Shelter staff:  Thank you for stepping up and doing one of the most difficult jobs in the world.  Thank you for giving so much of your time and effort to help the animals that can not help themselves.  You are wonderful!  THANK YOU!

2)  Volunteers:  Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to help walk, feed, clean, house, and love animals that are confused and scared.  You make a huge difference in their lives!  I was blessed to be able to work with amazing people I have worked with in the past, and this day while long and hard, was easier because by now we know how to work together efficiently.  Big thanks to the new people.  The first time you volunteer to help with a case like this, it can be very overwhelming and heartbreaking.  The new people I worked with today, although they shed a few tears, you did so much today and you are stronger then you will ever know!  I was asked by a newbie today, "How do you do this?"  I must say, the thing that drives me forward is the fact that I can't save them all.  I can't rescue them all.  However, I can make a difference to many of them.  THANK YOU!

3)  Rescues:  Thank you to Tri State Collie Rescue and friends!  You were amazing!  These people were like soldiers.  I called on them, and they came.  Not once, but several times, all day long.  They were kind, efficient, and it was a pleasure to work with them.  Thank you for making a difference in the lives of so many dogs!  The dogs and us would have been in trouble without you!  THANK YOU!

4)  Veterinarians and assistants:  Thank you for taking your time with each and every animal that you met yesterday and today.  You were kind, compassionate and went above and beyond what you had to do.  THANK YOU!

5)  Donors:  You were amazing!  Anything that was asked for was delivered.  We could not rescue with out the support of the public and you really delivered!  I am proud to be part of a community that LOVES their animals.  THANK YOU!

I hope that there is never "a next time" but I am reassured that if I am blessed enough to work with you all, we will do one heck of a job doing what we all do best:  helping the animals!

No comments:

Post a Comment