Monday, January 28, 2013

All I needed....


I have worked my butt off since Friday night when we helped with the hoarding case in Tipp City.  I have hustled to help find rescues for the dogs that were the victims of this situation.  I have combed the internet for rescues, gone through 1400 cell phones minutes in the last 3 days, and have sent more emails in the last 72 hours then I have in my entire life.  Today I had to go back to work, and still all day I texted and returned phones calls and emails to people that were interested in the dogs.  I know this has all been appreciated, and I am saving lives which is really what is important to me.  I have met amazing people, and seen a side of people that I forgot existed.  These 72 hours have been worth everything I have put into them, and I am reminded this every time one more dog is adopted.  Last night a "troll" made some unkind comments about the rescue efforts, and how we weren't doing enough.  Even though I knew the things she said were not true, in my delusional, sleep deprived mind I started to let her comments get to me and it really hurt. 

After I saw this amazing picture and poem that Fur the Love of Dog and Rick Lothes made for me, I am completely and utterly humbled.  Thank you so much for this gift!  It is beautiful and means the world to me.  It is all I needed.....

6 comments:

  1. Oh Emily! Or should we call you Saint Emily, Patron Saint of Dogs in Need? You are gifted in so many ways. Whoever the "troll" was (BTW-love that definition) is a dope. Although I can't help on this one, I have shared your efforts with many and am very proud that I can call you a friend! You go girl! And take care of yourself too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Emily. Tri-State Collie Rescue REALLY appreciates you. I can say that Collies that came to Michigan are getting tremendous care. Bless your heart and the poem is amazing. Definitely restored my energy to keep moving forward. It has been an emotional 72 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Appreciation from California! Check out the rescue here too!They may be able to help..collie.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily- It has been a pleasure working with you. It's all about the dogs. Bless you.

    Tails and Trails in Indiana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love collies, stella got her groove back and pennies heads up..we must be connected..thx you from southern california.debra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you SO much for your help with this situation!!

    ReplyDelete