Sunday, October 14, 2012

Weekend Family Time with Video Outtakes!


This weekend the Reluctant Farmer went to a letterboxing meet and campout, while I stayed at home and took care of the farm and our house sitting charges.  (From the fact that she has notified me that she slept with her mittens on, it sounds like I got the better end of the deal!)  It was a great family filled weekend, although sometimes it was at the expense of my family.  

Saturday my mom and I rode over together to watch Katzya run her last cross country meet of the season, and then we decided to stop at Craft 2000 so she could find Christmas ribbon to go with the Disney Cars tree she is making this year.  Well, we spent 5 hours at the craft store, but sadly the perfect ribbon was never found.  The perfect Christmas ornaments were though!  I got the cutest wooden farm animal ornaments that I am going to put on garland, and hang from my mantel.  I think it will look amazing, and they were 50% off!  Where the ribbon quest was a failure and sad for her, the video footage of her frustration is quite funny!



After mom and I left Craft 2000, and loaded all of our purchases into the car (There were a lot of purchases!)  We went back to mom's house where we met up with my sister who was hungry for ice cream and wanted to watch a family movie.  At this point my sister was working on a beer, so I did the nice thing and drove us to get the ice cream.  Now, I know my sister is scared of the covered bridge we have in our hometown, and I thought it would be great fun if I videoed her reaction while we crossed the bridge.  I don't think she thought it was funny, but I did!  What are sisters good for, if not for a little harassment every once in a while......


All in all it was a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment