Sunday, October 21, 2012

Ghost Walk: Survived!


Last night we went on the annual Olde Tippecanoe Ghost Walk hosted by Browse Awhile Books in Tipp City.  It was a great time, and we learned so much!  The history of our town is amazing and it was fun to walk around to the different buildings and hear about some of their history and supposed hauntings.  Browse Awhile Books is a used book store located right here in historic downtown.  The store is over 2,000 sq. ft. and has thousands of books available for your reading pleasure.  The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable, but none of this is as exciting as the ghosts that reside here. 

Katzya standing in the haunted basement of Browse Awhile.

I must admit that I was not a huge believer in ghosts until I went to this store several years ago.  While standing in the mystery section, looking for a book that was supposedly there, I had become frustrated.  I was so involved in my search for this book that I was talking, out loud, under my breath and I remember saying, "Ugh, I can't find this book!"  When all of the sudden a book whirled past my right ear, about a foot away from me, and landed on the floor.  I looked down, and guess what?!  It was the book I was looking for!  Shocked and scared out of my mind, I left that store as quick as my feet would let me (without the book!) and thought I could never go back.  I love this store though, and I love to support small local buisnesses so, not returning was not an option either.  Amanda and her staff staff were so wonderful that for 2 years I would call in my book order and they would bring it outside to me!  

This was the freakiest thing I saw all night.  A small mannequin child staring at me.....

Last summer I decided to try this again.  I was invited to a book signing for Gypsy Publications that was going to take place at Browse Awhile, and knew I needed to get over my fear and move on.  I went back into the store and nothing happened.  (I am still nervous to go back too far, but I have made it to the mystery section again briefly!)  I have seen no other evidence of helpful ghosts and I make sure I don't ask for help out loud to anyone other than the employees.  That ghost is probably offended that I was so rude the first time, it doesn't want to help me this time anyway.....

Do you think whoever this skeleton belonged to thought they would eventually end up in an antique shop in Tipp City?

If you are up for some Halloween fun, be sure to check out Browse Awhile Books in Tipp City for their ghost walk that takes place every Saturday in October from 6-9 pm.  They are located at 118 E. Main St.
in Tipp City, Ohio and their phone number is 937-667-7200.  The cost for admission to the walk is $7.00 regularly or $5.00 if you bring a canned good to be donated to the Tipp City Needy Basket.  The tour is free for children 5 and under and is a family friendly event!



No comments:

Post a Comment