Tuesday, June 12, 2012

my reinvented life...




I wake up in a groggy haze.  My pillow and hair soaked from a sweaty nights sleep.  It is so muggy in my bedroom.  Usually the moon brings a refuge from the blazing sun, but not this morning.  I am tired.  I feel as if I work harder at home then I do at the hospital now days, and I kick myself for not going to bed earlier.  I pull on a dirty pair of jeans, a t-shirt, my muddy boots, and shuffle out to the garage.  When I open the door I am greeted by the rustling sound of bunnies and chickens excited for their morning rations of fresh veggies, pellets, and hay.  After feeding and watering the chickens and rabbits I go back outside to water my gardens.  I lug around the water hose which I swear feels like it is filled with lead this morning!  I stand there on my little piece of paradise just thinking about my life and being present in this moment.  It is so quiet out here.  Only the songs and chatter of the birds accompany me on this morning, and it's as if the Earth has given me a personal invitation to a symphony!  It is then that I realize, even though I am tired, my body is truly rejuvenated because somewhere on this little patch of land I have found myself again, and I like the new me....

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, your blog made me cry... I'm working my way to where you are now, except I water my garden in the evening so it doesn't evaporate as fast. I collect rain water and lug that from the garbage pails that are filled with rain water that I've collected from the eaves-troughs, I then filter it through a sieve into a bucket and pour it into a watering can and water my veggies. I have listened to that concert so many times, I never tire of it, and think the same thoughts as you. I usually whistle back to them to join in with their evening concert. : ) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete